Cannabis Juice with Beet and Apple, and CBD Salad with Ranch Dressing
For these recipes, I am using fresh cannabis leaves high in limonene. These leaves pack a peppery punch along with seasonal sweet red beets that have been prepped and semi-frozen the night before for ease of preparation. The cannabis juice is great for a morning boost or welcome cocktail at an infused dinner party.
A juicer machine will work best for the cannabis juice recipe. If a juicer is not available, try blending ingredients in a high-speed blender along with 1 cup of apple juice to help it blend smoothly, then blend on high speed until uniformly combined.
Cannabis Juice with Beet and Apple
Makes: Approximately Two Servings of cannabis juice (250 ml, 10 mg CBD* each)
You will need:
2 cups cannabis leaves – fresh frozen
2 granny smith apples cut into ¼ pieces with seeds removed
2 cups beets – semi-frozen
2 tbsp fresh ginger – skin removed
2 red plums – pits removed
¼ cup whole salted almonds
1 ml CBD cannabis oil (equivalent of 20 mg CBD*)
½ tsp poppy seeds
- Pick fresh green cannabis leaves, placing in a container in the freezer overnight.
- Preparation of the fruits and vegetables: Using a kitchen peeler remove the skins from the ginger, then cut into ½ inch pieces. Cutting into smaller pieces will prevent clogging up the juicer while in use. Removing the skins from the vegetables will help the finished beverage taste less earthy.
- Cut the tops off the beets and using a melon baller remove the inner beet flesh to be juiced. Leave a thin wall of the beet’s outer skin; this will be the serving cup. Place ¼ tsp poppy seeds in the bottom of each cup or glass.
- Cut the apples into quarter pieces and remove the core and seeds.
- Slowly add the fruits, vegetables and almonds one by one into the juice hopper and plunge until a free-flowing juice occurs. Collect juice in a tumbler shaker cup.
- Add the cannabis oil and shake vigorously for 1 min.
- Immediately pour cannabis juice into two serving cups for consumption.
- It is recommended to consume the cannabis juice within a day as the air oxidizes the ingredients and affects the final taste.
CBD-Infused Salad with Cucumber, Broccoli, Dill and Avocado
Makes: Two servings (12 mg CBD* each)
You will need:
1 ripe avocado
½ english cucumber
1 cup broccoli crowns
Cannabis leaves to garnish
Celery leaves to garnish
50 ml cannabis ranch buttermilk dressing (equivalent of 24 mg CBD*)
- In a small cooking vessel, steam broccoli for approximately 5 minutes or until florets are semi tender. Remove broccoli from vessel, place on towel to dry and place in fridge to cool completely. Once cool, cut off the florets and reserve.
- Carefully cut avocado in half, removing pit. Use a spoon to remove the avocado from its shell, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Peel cucumber and remove seeds, then dice into small pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the diced cucumber, broccoli and cannabis ranch dressing. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the salad into the halved avocado, and top with fresh-picked cannabis leaves and celery leaves.
Cannabis Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
This canna-ranch dressing is also perfect for serving alongside a crudités platter.
Makes: Approximately 250 ml or 1 cup dressing (equivalent of 120 mg CBD*)
You will need:
75 ml crème fraiche
75 ml buttermilk
100 ml infused mayonnaise (approx. 120 mg CBD* – recipe below for plain infused mayonnaise, or if you’re feeling inspired try this ginger-infused mayonnaise)
1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tbsp chopped dill
1 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp minced green onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 lime – zested and juiced
Sea salt to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, add crème fraiche, buttermilk and infused mayonnaise. Whisk together until a semi-thick sauce is formed. Then add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until well combined. Season with salt to taste.
Plain infused mayonnaise:
Makes: approximately ½ cup infused mayonnaise (150 mg CBD*)
You will need:
1 egg yolk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1¼ tsp white vinegar
1 tsp cold water
1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 pinch sugar (optional)
½ cup infused canola oil (choose a strain high in limonene or caryophyllene)
1 tsp infused coconut oil (1 tsp = approx. 150 mg CBD*)
- Combine canola oil and infused coconut oil; whisk thoroughly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolk, mustard and white vinegar. Once the egg yolk mixture is frothy, slowly drizzle in the oil while whisking. Keep whisking until all the oil is absorbed and the mixture is thick. (If it is getting too thick, try adding a few drops of cold water to help loosen it.)
- Season to taste with sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and pinch of sugar.
*Cannabis doses vary based on personal preference. This is not a recommendation on behalf of Zenabis. For more information on dosing, remember to “start low and go slow” and see Health Canada’s Consumer Information on Cannabis fact sheet for guidance.
1.Elms L, Shannon S, Hughes S, Lewis N. Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Series. J Altern Complement Med. 2019 Apr;25(4):392-397.